- Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 – 1948)
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
Thomas Jones (1892 – 1969)
- Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.
Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC), Nichomachean Ethics
- A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.
Arthur Brisbane, “The Book of Today”